Note: most on-campus cafés offer a discount on coffee if you bring your own mug; also, while most on-campus vendors will not accept credit card, they’ll be very happy for cash, debit card, or UVic One-Card as a way to pay.
- BiblioCafé: McPherson Library, Main Floor (Mon-Fri 8am to 3pm, Sat-Sun closed): The BiblioCafé offers a variety of coffee and specialty drinks, pastries, and light lunch options.
- The Grad House (Mon-Tues 11:30 am to 2:30 pm, Wed-Fri 11:30 am to 7:30-ish pm): They have healthy food, pub fare, and celiac and vegan-friendly options, as well as local craft beer on tap.
- Bean There: Student Union Building (Mon–Fri 6:30 am to 7pm): Bean There sells coffee, sandwiches, light lunches, pizza, and baked goods.
- Munchie Bar: Student Union Building (Mon-Fri 8 am to 9 pm, Sat-Sun 6 to 9 pm): The Munchie Bar is the concession for Cinecenta, the campus movie house. They are open during the day and during show times. The Munchie Bar offers Kicking Horse coffee (organic and fair trade) and local baked goods.
- Finnerty Express: Bookstore, lower level (Summer Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30am-5:00pm, Saturday 11:00am-5:00pm, Sunday Closed): Finnerty Express offers Salt Spring coffee (organic and fair trade) plus a variety of teas and specialty drinks. They have a good selection of local baked goods as well as newspapers, cold drinks, essential toiletries, and candy.
- Felicita’s: Student Union Building (Mon-Fri 11:30 am to 10:30 pm): Felicita’s is UVic’s campus pub. They offer a full menu, from traditional pub-style food to healthy salads.
- Alcuin Society Awards for Excellence in Book Design in Canada displayed
in the Mearns Centre for Learning – McPherson Library Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room, A005 [June 2 – 23, 10:30 – 4:30, Monday to Friday]
- UVic Observatory offers Wednesday evening viewing sessions.
- Cinecenta is our campus movie house.
- UVic Bookstore: books, gifts, UVic merchandise and more.
- University of Victoria Legacy Art Galleries
- Finnerty Gardens is a nice spot for a lunchtime stroll.
- Mystic Vale
- Cadboro Bay Village is a short walk down the hill from campus. At the foot of Sinclair Road you will find Peppers Grocery, a pharmacy, Olive Olio’s Pasta & Espresso Bar, Starbucks, and Smuggler’s Cove Pub & Liquor Store. Further along Sinclair Road is Cadboro-Gyro Park, a nice spot to sit by the water and see the boats at the nearby Royal Victoria Yacht Club. Sinclair Road is on a very steep hill; if you prefer not to walk back up, you can hop on the number 11 bus (fare is $2.50, exact change only) in front of Peppers and take a 5 minute ride back to campus.